- You are creative. If you tend to be on the creative or artistic side then cosmetology school is for you. You will be challenged with new clients that may want a complete makeover and it will be your job to create a new look for them. Depending upon your chosen profession, this could be hair, makeup, style or both. A career in cosmetology is creative and ever changing.
- You like to travel. There are a lot of opportunities for travel in the cosmetology field that most other professions do not offer. You may travel for trade shows, conventions or to meet and service clients. For example, a hair and makeup stylist for weddings may travel to new destinations for weddings every week. Not only do you get to travel but you meet new people and potential clients with every destination.
- You like change. Your clients are constantly changing as are the current trends. The life of a stylist of cosmetologist is an active one with constant change. This will require adaptability.
- You are on the cutting edge of fashion. With an education for a cosmetology school you will likely be on the cutting edge of the fashion and beauty industry all the time. You will know what the hottest new trends are and how to deliver them to your clients. Your business will greatly benefit from trendy new techniques that you pick up.
- You want to be your own boss. The beauty industry is one of the easiest ones to start your own business. Being your own boss likely means you can set your own schedule and pay. You can choose your rates and possibly even work from the comfort of your own home. The possibilities are endless.
A career in cosmetology can be fun and exciting. There are loads of opportunities for those with a cosmetology education from an accredited school. Find one near you and apply today.